Sometimes certain breakfast routines are hard to kick, but we all know how instrumental a good breakfast can be in shaping your whole day.
Breakfast helps to kick start your metabolism, and refuel your glycogen (energy) stores. Having a meal early in the day has also been proven to stabilise blood sugar levels, and improve memory and concentration levels. It reduces the risk of us binge-eating later in the day from hunger.
So what are some healthy breakfast ideas that aren’t bland oats? We’ve got you covered! Here are three healthy breakfast options that will spice up your whole day.
Probably the most easy and convenient way of getting the nutrients you need. Adding a WPI or WPC protein blend will help to keep you fuller for longer, help manage your weight levels and boost your immune system.
One of our favourite smoothie recipes is this super easy green smoothie.
- 200mL almond milk
- 1 small frozen banana
- 2 heaped teaspoons Bare Greens
- Handful baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Chia Seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 30g Bare Whey or Vanilla WPI
- Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender.
Recipe by Nadia Felsh. See the full blog post here.
2. Bare Berries Yoghurt
Not your standard plain yoghurt! Adding Bare Berries to your yoghurt not only gives it a fabulous purple colour and yummy berry taste, but it adds a huge nutritional boost with the added antioxidants found in our concentrated Bare Berries powder. This promotes healthy skin, vision, cardiovascular function and cognitive function, among other benefits.
Make sure you’re buying a yoghurt with plenty of probiotics and live cultures.
- 200g yoghurt (preferably organic) we used CoYo.
- 1 teaspoon Bare Berries
- Fruit, such as berries, banana, mango, kiwi fruit, etc.
- 1 teaspoon Chia Seeds
- Stir the Bare Berries into the yogurt, and serve in a bowl topped with chia seeds, granola, and fruit.
3. Protein Pancakes
These Matcha Protein Crepes made by Georgia, are a hybrid between crepes and pancakes – thin pancakes. They are oaty, breakfasty, matcha-y and delicious. Plus you get a big old hit of protein to keep you going until lunch. They’re also gluten free. You can’t feel guilty about eating pancakes when they are this healthy. Happy days!
- 1 cup of gluten free oat flour (I process a cup of oats in my food processor)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons Organic Matcha WPI
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- Turn your stove top onto a medium heat and allow your saucepan to heat up.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine all the ingredients together, until a runny batter is formed.
- Grease the pan with a small amount of your choice of oil (I used coconut) and pour in a medium sized circular pancake. They don’t take very long to cook, and should be very easy to flip.
- Continue until you have a big fat stack of crepe pancakes, ready to roll.
- If desired, mix half a cup of yoghurt (I used Five AM Organics vanilla bean) with a tablespoon of Organic Matcha WPI, and a sprinkle of Bare Greens. Let it sit for five or so minutes and mix thoroughly again. Layer the crepes with yogurt and serve!