The Australian summer is well and truly here! And with that, comes the time when we all collectively prepare the freezer for icy treats.
This year it is officially time to get out your own popsicles moulds and engage in some DIY. What better way to cool down than with a healthy ice cream that will give you a big old protein boost? There probably isn’t one.
4 ice creams
- Remove the skin of your bananas, and pop them in the microwave for 2 minutes. You can of course use a small pot and the stove for this one.
- When the bananas are both defrosted (if using frozen) and cooked, set them aside to cool for a lil bit.
- In a medium bowl, mix together your yoghurt, maple syrup, vanilla and Bare Whey, until the protein has disappeared into the yoghurt mix. Now add your bananas, and mix again until all combined.
- Grab a popsicle mould (this recipe makes 4 popsicles in a standard mould) and divide the ice cream mixture evenly between each. They might not be filled up completely, but that’s ok. The strawberries have yet to go in!
- Hull and slice your strawberries. Take two slices per mould, and slide them carefully down each side of the mould, ensuring they are as close to the edge as possible.
- Pop the moulds in the freezer, and keep checking back desperately until they are completely frozen. Overnight is best, so that the stick doesn’t come away from the ice cream, leaving you with no option but to use a spoon. Sad times.
- If you fancy it, melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, and combine it with roughly 2 teaspoons of maple syrup and Raw Cacao Powder, depending on your chocolate preferences!