Traditionally, butter coffee is made with coffee, butter and medium chain triglyceride (MCT) oil.
We have begun adding a teaspoon of our favourite Bare Blends protein to our morning butter coffee. Not only does the addition of the protein help boost immunity and aid muscle recovery, it also tastes amazing and increases satiety. Why not try it for yourself?
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup good-quality organic coffee beans, ground
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon MCT oil
- 1 teaspoon Bare Blends organic Vanilla Bean WPI
- Make a standard espresso using a coffee machine or your preferred method.
- Add hot water to a blender to preheat.
- Empty water and add coffee, butter, MCT oil, WPI and blend for 10-20 seconds or until creamy and well combined.
Top image: Sarah Craven Photography