Give your immune system a boost with the protective spices in chai tea and the antioxidant power of Bare Berries and Organic Vanilla Bean NZ Whey Protein Concentrate. This smoothie is absolutely delicious (and might just help you stave off a cold too)!
Ingredients - Smoothie
- 1 young coconut (use all the water and scoop out some of the meat)
- 1/3 cup mixed frozen organic berries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tsp Bare Berries
- 60ml dandelion chai concentrate (3-4 ice-cubes if frozen - recipe below)
- 2 Serving Bare Blends Organic Vanilla Bean NZ Whey Protein Concentrate
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!
To Make Dandelion Chai Concentrate
Chai is a traditional Ayurvedic tea from India that is rich in polyphenols, antioxidants and a great digestive aid, and not to mention very tasty and warming in winter. It will last for 7 days in fridge, so freeze what you're not going to use in an ice cube tray and you have instant chai for lattes, smoothies and dessert recipes.
- 2 Cups of water
- 5 Dandelion Tea bags (or any standard black tea)
- 1/3 Cup organic rapadura (unrefined whole cane sugar)
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 8 cardamon pods
- 10 cloves
- 2 whole star anise pods
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 vanilla bean split in half
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- A 5cm slice of ginger
- 1 tbsp honey
- Boil water in a pot, then add all ingredients except honey and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and remove tea bags. Allow spices to steep for another 15 minutes before straining and adding honey to taste.
- Enjoy your delicious chai smoothie!