One of the best things about Christmas for me is Christmas pudding.
I love all the sweetly spiced flavours, and the fact that I only get to have it once a year makes it even more special. This year, I wanted to create something similar that evokes the same vibe but is a bit more health-conscious, effortless to make and easy to take along to Christmas parties.
These mini Raw Cacao Christmas Puddings fit the bill. They taste decadent with the addition of dark chocolate and sweet currants but also contain some plant-based protein, chia seeds and are lower in sugar than your average Christmas dessert.
Gluten free | Grain free | Vegan
- 1 cup raw nuts (I used a mixture of almonds and walnuts)
- 3/4 cup currants
- 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup Bare Blends Cacao & Cinnamon Plant Protein
- 1 x 20ml tablespoon Bare Blends Organic Chia Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 100g dark (at least 85% cocoa) chocolate, melted
- Handful of dried cranberries for topping
- Place 1/2 cup of the nuts, 1/2 cup of the currants, the coconut and the protein powder into a food processor. Process until the mixture comes together.
- Tip the mixture into a bowl. Chop or crush the remaining 1/2 cup of nuts and add to the bowl. Also add the remaining 1/4 cup of currants, the chia seeds, the ground ginger and the melted chocolate. Stir everything together until well combined.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Press the mixture into balls and place on the tray. Top each ball with a couple of dried cranberries. Leave in the fridge to set. Store in the fridge or freezer.