I love a breakfast that you can throw together the night before so it's ready to go in the morning.
Overnight 'proats' (protein oats) are one of my favourites because they're easy and delicious and provide a good serve of protein and slow-release carbs.
These caramel flavoured proats are my pick when I feel like a sweet breakfast that's also going to keep me full and satisfied. I make them with a decent serve of Bare Blends Vanilla Bean WPI protein powder, and to add the caramel flavour, I use Bare Blends Peruvian Maca Powder. It comes from the maca root and is packed with vitamins and minerals. It has an earthy butterscotch flavour and works really well with the vanilla protein powder.
You can top them with whatever you like. I like crunchy things like crushed nuts, cacao nibs and coconut flakes, but a spoonful of almond butter and some fresh berries would also be delicious!
Gluten-free | Fructose-free
- 1/2 cup rolled oats*
- 1/4 cup Bare Blends Organic Vanilla Bean WPI or Vanilla & Coconut Plant Protein
- 1 teaspoon Bare Blends Raw Peruvian Maca Powder
- 2 teaspoons Bare Blends Black Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or your milk of choice)
- 1 teaspoon rice malt syrup
- Coconut flakes, crushed nuts and raw cacao nibs to serve (optional)
- Place the oats, protein powder, maca powder, chia seeds, coconut milk and rice malt syrup in a bowl or jar and stir until everything is well combined.
- Make sure all of the oats are submerged in the liquid, then cover the bowl or jar and leave in the fridge overnight.
- To serve, top with coconut flakes, crushed nuts and raw cacao nibs if desired.
* Oats naturally don't contain gluten, but as they are often processed on the same equipment as wheat, they can often have traces of gluten. If you're strictly gluten-free, you can buy gluten-free oats.