Too often people reach for store bought, additive-filled crap when it comes to the 3pm crash! So, we have an alternative, using a high-quality protein powder, like Bare Blends Organic Raw Cacao Native WPI, as well as coconut and nuts, to make a satisfying and delicious chocolatey treat when hunger strikes!
20 servings | prep - 35 mins
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened.
- 1/4 cup cashew butter.
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder.
- 1/4 cup Organic Raw Cacao Native WPI or Cacao & Cinnamon Plant Protein.
- 1 cup almond meal.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- pinch of sea salt.
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Place bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes to allow mixture to harden.
- Remove mixture from the freezer and take one tablespoon amount into your hands. Roll into a small ball. Place on a plate and squish down with your thumb. Continue this with the remaining mixture.
- Place Choc Protein Bites back into the freezer to harden slightly as they would have softened after touching the mixture. Serve immediately.
Add in a little extra coconut oil if your mixture is too crumbly.
Store these bites in a container in the freezer. They will last a few weeks.