- Heat the milk in a small saucepan (or milkpan ideally)
- Within a few minutes it will start to bubble, add the oats
- Cook for a few minutes until creamy and most of the liquid has cooked off.
- Then stir in the protein
- Serve immediately with either stewed pears (below) or a nut and seed combo - try out crushed walnuts, pepitas, sunflower seeds, coconut flakes, mulberries, goji berries, a sprinkling of cinnamon and perhaps a drizzle of maple syrup or raw honey. Fresh fruit is always a winner as well, be inventive and discover new combos each time – there is no wrong answer.
- 5 pears
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder/ 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- Wash, core and chop pears into smaller pieces
- Place in a saucepan on the stove on med-high heat
- Cover with water
- Add vanilla and rice malt syrup
- Stir well and bring to the boil
- Turn to medium and cook for 60 minutes
- When liquid is almost evaporated and pears are soft - they’re done!
- Remove from heat and serve with porridge or even with yoghurt as dessert