Maca powder is one of those health food ingredients that I used to think I didn't like, but I'm so glad I gave it a second chance.
Its earthy taste can be a bit overpowering if you use too much, but when mixed with the right ingredients it gives a delicious caramel-like flavour.
With its high nutrient and mineral content, it gives this easy fudge recipe a healthy boost. I love Bare Blends Organic Raw Peruvian Maca powder because it’s high quality and one of the best tasting ones I've tried.
Instead of setting the fudge in a container and cutting it up, with this recipe all you have to do is spread it out onto a plate and then break it up into chunks once set. I topped it with shredded coconut, but you could leave it plain or top it with raw cacao nibs for a bit of chocolatey crunch.
Gluten-free | Grain-free | Vegan
- 1/4 cup natural smooth peanut butter*
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 x 20ml tablespoon Bare Blends Organic Raw Peruvian Maca
- Pinch of sea salt
- Handful of shredded coconut
- Mix the peanut butter, melted coconut oil, rice malt syrup, maca powder and sea salt together in a bowl until well combined.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a large dinner plate. Pour the mixture onto the plate to form a disc. Sprinkle the shredded coconut on top. Place in the fridge or freezer until set.
- Once set, break into pieces. Store in the fridge or freezer.
* Look for a natural peanut butter than only contains peanuts. You don't want any added sugar or vegetable oils.