This Healthy Chocolate Hazelnut Milk is the perfect chocolately treat during the warmer weather.
The delicious nutella-like flavour comes from the roasted hazelnut butter and the decadent Raw Organic Peruvian Cacao, which is a match made is heaven, reminiscent of your childhood. Although it's rich in flavour, this milk is quite light to drink, and the ice blended into it keeps it refreshing.
This chocolate hazelnut milk is perfect for a morning coffee replacement, or an afternoon pick me up, with the energy-boosting powers of raw cacao, which enhances serotonin and endorphins for a naturally happy mood.
We used Creamy Homemade Cashew Milk in this recipe, which adds a beautiful creamy flavour, but you can use dairy milk or a nut milk of your choice.
This recipe can also be heated over the stove for a delicious hot chocolate.
- 250ml cashew milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 teaspoons of Raw Organic Peruvian Cacao
- 1 teaspoon lacuma powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon roasted hazelnut butter*
- 1 teaspoon coconut nectar (or natural sweetener of your choice)
- Handful ice
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth
* If you can't find roasted hazelnut butter, you can lightly roast a small handful of hazelnuts and add them to the recipe instead.