If there’s one thing we can’t live without, its pancakes. Whether they’re sweet or savoury, we can’t seem to get enough.
We are also broke and lazy with a passion for health, so being able to create recipes that are good for us, delicious AND cheap makes us so happy.
That’s where pancakes save the day - you can literally have these healthy pancakes for breakfast, lunch or dinner and eat as much as you want without feeling like a whale. We’ve incorporated maca powder into this one to keep our hormones happy too!
*Poor Girls Tip – we suggest getting creative and using what you have in your pantry, so if you don’t have any of these ingredients, you can always alter it to what you do have.
Gluten Free | Grain Free | Dairy free
~ 10 pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 heaped tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp Organic Chia Seeds, activated)
- 1 tablespoon gf baking powder
- 2 cups gf all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Raw Peruvian Maca Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
Orange Tahini Sauce
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon Raw Peruvian Maca Powder
- Juice of a whole orange
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (for colour)
- In a bowl stir milk, vanilla extract, rice malt syrup and chia egg until well combined. Add dry ingredients and stir thoroughly until you have a smooth, consistent batter.
- In a frying pan on medium to high heat, add coconut oil. Scoop batter (of preferred sized pancakes) and place on the frypan. Once bubbles are coming through the batter, it's time to flip that baby!
- In a separate bowl add all ingredients and mix until you have a smooth, well-combined sauce. Drizzle sauce over pancakes and enjoy.
*Poor Girls Tip - you can use this sauce in cake batters, as a salad dressing etc - it's so versatile.