The flavour combination of cherries and chocolate is a classic one, so we thought it was time that we turned it into a cherry ripe smoothie!
Made with our Cacao and Kakadu Plum Native WPI blend, this smoothie is loaded with beneficial antioxidants and nutrients.
Health benefits of cherries
- Help fight cancer and disease – cherries are loaded with flavonoids, which are power antioxidants that help fight free radicals in the body.
- Ease pain of arthritis – excess uric acid in the blood causes swelling, tenderness and inflammation. Cherries are known to reduce the levels of uric acid in the body.
- Help you sleep – cherries are one of the few foods which contains high levels of melatonin, the hormone that regulates our sleep and wake cycles.
- Regulates blood pressure – owing to the high levels of potassium, cherries have the ability to regulate high blood pressure.
- Cure headaches/migraines – due to the anthocyanin and bioflavonoids, cherries carry compounds that are known to have similar activity to aspirin and ibuprofen, which makes it ideal for a natural cure for headaches and migraines.
- 100g fresh or frozen cherries
- 50g frozen raspberries
- 1 serving of Cacao and Kakadu Plum Native WPI
- 250ml almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- Blend ingredients together until smooth
- Top with grated organic dark chocolate or any of your favourite toppings