I've done black (see my Black Sesame & Chia Bliss Balls) and flaming red (see my Raspberry Chia Jam), so I felt it was time for something bright green (and delicious).
As the title suggests, the green comes in two forms: pistachio nuts and matcha powder. Matcha powder is just pure green tea leaves stone ground into a fine powder. It's high in antioxidants and is said to boost metabolism and energise the body (as it contains caffeine and l-theanine). I love having 1/2 a teaspoon mixed into some hot water in the mornings. You can also add it to smoothies and, of course, into desserts and treats like these bliss balls. A little bit goes a long way, so you only need to add a small amount.
Gluten free | Low sugar
~ 12 balls
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 x 20ml tablespoons Vanilla Bean WPI
- 2 x 20ml tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon Organic Japanese Matcha
- 2 x 20ml tablespoons water
- 2 x 20ml tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1 x 20ml tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachio nuts, chopped
- Blend the cashew nuts, coconut, Vanilla Bean WPI, coconut flour and matcha powder in a food processor until you get fine crumbs.
- Add the water, rice malt syrup and melted coconut oil and process until everything is well combined. The mixture should be sticky enough to hold together, but not so sticky that you can't roll it into balls. If the mixture is too sticky, add a tiny bit more coconut flour. If it's too dry, add a touch more water.
- Roll the mixture into balls and coat in the chopped pistachio nuts, pressing the nuts lightly into the balls to make them stay. Leave the balls in the fridge to set. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.