We all know of the hype surrounding the acai berry. Most health food stores and juice bars sell acai bowls or acai smoothies. But is acai the superfood we should be relying on? And how much does acai actually live up to the hype surrounding it?
Acai is grown in the subtropical regions of Central and South America. The berry itself only contains only 10% fruit and pulp, and the rest is a large seed. As the acai berry grows on a type of palm tree with no branches, each cluster of berries needs to be cut down manually, which makes harvesting quite laborious.
Acai is celebrated mainly because of it’s high antioxidant content. It’s also packed with antioxidants, amino acids, fibre, vitamins, and minerals. It’s also known to have an energising effect. It is however, highly perishable, and needs to be eaten within 24 hours (or freeze-dried) to reap the full benefits.
Unfortunately, as popularity of this superfood grew, so did a lot of misleading information and false claims. Acai does not contain the highest amount of antioxidants, nor is it the most nutritious berry.
But don’t get us wrong - acai is great. The world was on the right track when it started celebrating berries as a source of antioxidants. But why limit yourself to acai, when you can have a wider spectrum of antioxidants from a more nutritional product?
Here are 8 reasons why Bare Berries is better than acai.
1. Greater health benefitBare Berries is a unique blend of wild and rare and organic berries and fruits, which synergistically provide the entire body with unsurpassed antioxidant and anti-aging protection. Bare Berries also has over 4 times the Vitamin C per serve than frozen Acai berry.
2. Certified organicCertified by the ACO, the organic berries in Bare Berries are lingonberry, bilberry, pomegranate, cranberry, grape, blackberry, raspberry, blueberry, acai, maqui, cherry, strawberry. Each of these berries was carefully chosen for their high quality, and their unique antioxidant and nutritional attributes.
3. Freeze-driedThe freeze-drying process of these 12 delicious berries ensures that the health-promoting phytonutrients are preserved. Bare Berries will last in your cupboard for two years, with very little of the nutrition lost.
4. Antioxidant denseThe acai in Bare Berries is one of the best tasting and most nutrient-dense acai’s we’ve come across. Bare Berries also contains maqui. According to Medical News Today, maqui berry has up to 30 times the antioxidant value than acai. Both Maqui and acai berries contain anthocyanin, and antioxidant compound known for it’s ability to neutralise free radicals within the body, repair tissue damage and strengthen the immune system.
5. Anti-inflammatoryBare Berries contains natural phytonutrients - plant substances that can promote health and prevent chronic disease, including flavonoids, quercetin, anthocyanins, catechins, salicylic acid, chlorogenic acid, ellagic acid and many others which are able to reduce inflammation in the body and protect from the harmful effects of free radicals.
6. Preservative freeBare Berries is preservative and seed free compared to frozen acai and other acai powder products. Don't pay for filler materials and ingredients.
7. VersatileAs a powder, Bare Berries can be used in a myriad of recipes. In smoothies, mixing Bare Berries with coconut water, and stirring Bare Berries into organic yoghurt are some of our favourites!
8. FlavourThis one speaks for itself. It’s definitely the most flavoursome and delicious, natural and organic berry powder we’ve ever tried. Not to mention the most nutrient-dense! Many suppliers use outdated equipment on site in South America. Our supplier has one of the world’s most technologically advanced freeze-drying plants and has refined their acai process for both maximum flavour and nutrition.
According to The Natural Nutritionist, Steph Lowe, Bare Berries is, ‘the perfect antioxidant-rich superfood.’ She says, ‘antioxidants are essential to promote health, prevent disease, reduce inflammation and delay aging… just to name a few!’
So move acai’d, acai bowl, because the antioxidant-rich and delicious Bare Berries is here.
Get your hands on some Bare Berries of you own at our online store.