We’re all about the no-cook desserts.
But most of them are laden with fructose from dates, agave and coconut syrup. We’ve made this Blueberry and Cardamom Raw Cheesecake with good fats from coconut and nuts, and used Bare Blends' protein to make this a super satiating dessert. It tastes so good, but you probably won’t even need to go back for seconds!
- 1 cup walnuts.
- 1 cup shredded coconut.
- 2 tablespoons almond butter.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt.
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water for 2 hours then drained and rinsed.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil.
- 1/2 cup coconut milk.
- 1 lemon, juiced.
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup.
- 1/4 cup Bare Blends Organic Vanilla Bean Whey Protein Isolate (see note).
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen).
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom.
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- To make the base, place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse to obtain a sticky, crumbly mixture. Spread the mixture into the prepared slice tin and press down firmly to form the base. Place to the side.
- To make the white layer of the cheesecake, drain and wash the soaked cashews and place them in the food processor with coconut oil, coconut milk, lemon juice, rice malt syrup and Bare Blends Organic Vanilla Bean Native WPI. Blitz until you form a smooth cream. Pour half of the mixture on top of the crust and spread evenly. Sprinkle half the blueberries over the top and slightly push into mixture. Place into the freezer for 10 minutes while preparing the next layer.
- Then, place the remaining blueberries, cardamom and vanilla into the food processor with the remaining white cream filling. Blitz until all combined and you have a smooth purple cream.
- Remove the unfinished cheesecake from the freezer. Place the remaining blueberry cream on top of the white layer. Place back into the freezer for at least 2 hours until set.
- For serving, remove cheesecake from the freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before serving as it’s easier to slice.
* This recipe makes 20-24 small pieces of cheesecake. Store in the freezer and keep for whenever you feel like a snack.