This afternoon I made some pruffins (protein muffins for the uninitiated among us... it's a thing I swear) with Organic Vanilla WPI, and topped with Bare Berries and cream
Makes six muffins/pruffins
- 1 large very ripe banana
- 4 tablespoons Organic Vanilla WPI
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cream or yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon Bare Berries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- In a large bowl, mash up the banana until it is completely mushy. Add all the other ingredients to the bowl, leaving the baking soda and apple cider vinegar until last. Mix well to combine.
- Add the baking soda and pour the apple cider vinegar over the top.
- Make sure you use muffin tin liners (which can be made out of baking paper if you don't have any - thanks for the #inspo Martha Stewart) because the mixture will adhere to your muffin liners without them. TRUST me.
- Grease the muffin tin, add the muffin liners, and divide the mixture evenly between them.
- Cook for around 20-25 minutes, depending on the vigour of your oven.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Mix together your cream/yoghurt/whatever with the Bare Berries powder, until a lovely lilac colour is created.
- Plop it atop your pruffin and enjoy!