I love it when treats that are simple to make end up looking like a lot more effort was required!
These Raw Choc Berry Yo-Yos are biscuits sandwiched together with a chewy chocolate filling. They're also a small investment for a big reward. Since no baking is required, you can whip these up in a matter of minutes.
The berry cookies are flavoured with Bare Blends Bare Berries freeze-dried berry powder. Its packed with antioxidants and also provides sweetness and a pretty colour. The chocolate filling is boosted with some protein and the Raw Cacao Powder provides an extra hit of feel-good nutrients. It’s a win-win for all.
Gluten free | Grain free
For the berry cookies:
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 x 20ml tablespoons Bare Blends Bare Berries
- 2 x 20ml tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 x 20ml tablespoons coconut flour
For the chocolate filling:
- To make the cookies, process all of the cookie ingredients in a food processor until the mixture comes together.
- Line a tray with baking paper. Divide the mixture into 8 balls and press onto the baking tray to make cookie shapes. Set aside in the freezer to set.
- To make the chocolate filling, mix all of the filling ingredients together in a bowl until you get a smooth paste. You will need to slowly work the syrup and oil into the powders - it will take a bit of time to combine. I find it best to work the mixture together by continuously squashing it against the side of the bowl using the back of the spoon.
- Remove the cookies from the freezer. Divide the chocolate filling into 4 balls and press each ball onto a cookie. Top each one with another cookie, pressing together. Store in the fridge or freezer.