If you're looking for a vegan protein bar that doesn't use whey protein, this recipe is for you.
I personally like to mix up my protein powders between whey and plant-based ones for variety, but it can be hard to find good plant-based powders.
I’m loving Bare Blends’ new Vanilla & Coconut Plant Protein. It's made with pea protein, sprouted brown rice protein, coconut milk, and vanilla bean and it blends really well into recipes like these no-bake Sour Cherry & Vanilla Protein Bars.
I adore dried sour cherries, especially with vanilla. You can buy them at health food shops and online, but if you can't find any you could use dried cranberries instead. I turn the mixture into six bars and they are quite filling. If you wanted to make smaller portions, you could easily turn the mixture into 12 balls instead.
Gluten free | Dairy free | Vegan
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup Bare Blends Vanilla & Coconut Plant Protein
- 1/2 cup rolled oats *
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried sour cherries
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- Mix the almond meal, protein powder, oats and sour cherries together in a bowl to combine. Add the melted coconut oil and rice malt syrup and mix until everything is well combined.
- Using your hands, press the mixture together to form a ball of dough. Line a tray with baking paper and divide the mixture into 6 pieces. Shape each piece into a bar and place on the lined tray.
- Leave the tray in the fridge until the bars are set. Store in the fridge or freezer.
* Oats naturally do not contain gluten, but they are often processed on the same equipment as wheat so they can contain traces of gluten. If you're strictly gluten-free, you can buy gluten-free oats.
Get your hands on some Vanilla & Coconut Plant Protein of your own.
- Assists lean muscle building
- Promotes healthy weight loss
- Boosts immune system