Adding protein to your breakfast is great for many reasons – it boosts your metabolism, provides you with energy throughout the day, and bolsters your immune system.
Because protein is slowly digested, it will keep you feeling full throughout the morning. It also helps to stabilise your blood sugar levels, so you feel satisfied during the day, and never hangry! This porridge has you covered, with the addition of our Vanilla Bean WPI.
Our talented friend Sappho has added caramelised peaches and almond butter to this recipe (yum!), which makes it a delicious breakfast treat that will put you in a great mood and ready to take on whatever the day throws at you!
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 cup water + 2 tbsp
- 1 ½ cups nut milk
- 2 serves Vanilla Bean WPI
- 2 peaches or plums quartered
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
- berries of choice
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Preheat the oven on to 190c/375f. In a small baking pan add the stone fruits and 2 tbsp water. Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with honey. Place in the oven to roast for around 25 minutes, until golden and caramelised, stirring halfway.
- Combine the oats and 2 cups of water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Once boiling drop to simmer on low, stirring regularly for around 8 minutes. While this is simmering, combine the nut milk with protein powder in a blender (like this Vitamix). Whizz until combined. Add this to the simmering oats and stir well for another 2-3 minutes until it is smooth and creamy.
- Split the porridge between 2 bowls and top with roasted fruits, fresh berries and almond butter. Recipe can be halved for 1 serve.