In case you hadn't already noticed, I'm a big fan of smoothies. Post-exercise, they are the perfect refuel. Firstly, you can create a complete meal in seconds which ensures you get nutrients when you need them most. This is particularly important after your fasted training and/or more intense sessions. Secondly, your body can tolerate a liquid meal far greater than solids in the post-exercise window. With liquids, nutrient absorption is enhanced and immediately your recovery is accelerated. Your next meal can then take place when you have had time to stretch and shower, and importantly, when your body has returned to its optimal digestive state.
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup Pure Harvest CocoQuench* or Super Easy Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husks
- 1 banana
- 1 handful raspberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cacao nibs
- 1 tray of ice
- 1 scoop Bare Blends Organic Vanilla Bean Native Whey Protein Isolate
- Place all ingredients in powerful blender
- Blend until desired consistency
- Top with caramelised buckinis and almond flakes. Serves 2.