Today's absolutely delicious breakfast brownie recipe is inspired by Amy Crawford's The Holistic Ingredient (checkout her amazing Smoothie Receipes and lots of good information on nutrition). The original calls for maca powder, chia seeds, cacao, a sweetener and whey protein, all of which can be found in our Dark Cacao & Kakadu Plum Native WPI blend. Combining the healthy fats of walnuts and avocado, this delicious smoothie may help boost HDL levels preventing coronary disease.
- 1.5 cups almond milk (or milk of choice), add more if you prefer a runnier smoothie
- 1/3 cup of walnuts, or about 20g
- 1/4 of an avocado
- 1 Serving Bare Blends Dark Cacao & Kakadu Plum Native WPI blend inc. Chia and Maca
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of vanilla powder (or essence)
- Pinch of salt
- Blend all ingredients together, reserving half of the walnuts and all of the cacao nibs.
- Leave for 10 minutes unless you like the crunchy texture of the chia seeds (they will turn into a gel after a few minutes).
- Throw the remaining walnuts and nibs on top and be sustained for the rest of the morning!