While I am a true coffee lover, I try to keep my habit to one a day, and so lately I've been having a plant milk matcha to avoid that second cup.
Matcha is often referred to as a superfood because of its long list of health benefits and antioxidant content. It is said to be a mood enhancer, to boost the metabolism and burn calories, calm the mind and aid concentration, and is rich in chlorophyll and vitamins.
I am thinking about swapping out the morning coffee altogether for matcha just to see what happens, but I'm still coming around to that idea. Health benefits aside, I’ve really been enjoying the earthy bittersweet flavour, especially with plant milk which I find less rich than dairy.
My recipe includes a teaspoon of coconut oil, which helps make it extra creamy and frothy. You can also pour the combined ingredients over ice instead of heating it, for a chilled alternative.
- 1 cup of dairy or plant milk (I use an almond coconut combo)
- 1 teaspoon Organic Japanese Matcha
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Mix all ingredients in a high speed blender until fully combined.
- Pour the mix into a saucepan and heat gently over medium heat until it just starts to bubble.
- Pour straight into cup or glass and dust with a little extra matcha.