A bit of real talk: I have never seen the merit of following a recipe for a smoothie. I mean, if I add 5g of extra berries, will I ruin the whole smoothie? Uh, probably not. I might even make it better. HOWEVER, as always, there are exceptions to my self-imposed rules, and I feel like this recipe is one of them.
I know a lot of bloggers say ‘this is my go to recipe’ so regularly that it becomes hard to believe. But if you trailed me for a week, you would know: I have this thickshake at least five out of seven breakfasts a week. As I write this, I am in fact having it for dinner. It tastes super naughty, but the chocolate deliciousness not only keeps me full until lunch (or breakfast tomorrow as the case may be) but is also very agreeable to my sensitive digestive system. A win win!
Makes 2 large milk shakes
For the Thickshake
- 2 large or 3 small ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons Bare Blends chocolate WPI or WPC (or our vegan Peruvian Power Protein)
- 2 tablespoons Bare Blends Cacao
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of Bare Blends Chia Seeds
For The Chocolate (optional)
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 teaspoons Bare Blends Cacao
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or liquid sweetener
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste
- Combine your thickshake ingredients in your food processor, and process until a creamy, smooth thickshake has formed.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the chocolate and stir until smooth. Divide the chocolate between the bottom of two large milkshake glasses, and follow with the shake. Done! Hot but weird tip: It tastes particularly delicious warmed up in the microwave. Don’t ask me why I know this.