How To Compost Your Packaging

Compost your packaging in 4 easy steps.

Bare Blends

Bare Blends

Composting packaging

You may have already noticed our new packaging, but for those who haven’t, look no further than our entire protein range, essentials range, or pantry staples range, which are now snuggly packed in our certified home-compostable pouches.

Our most sustainable packaging yet, these pouches are made from cellulose and cornstarch, which are 100% plant-based and made from renewable sources. They will fully biodegrade when composted at home, and you can put them in your green organics bin, or your backyard compost pile.

Over 75% of our nutritional products are now packaged in compostable packaging, and we aim to have the other 25% moved to compostable packaging within the next six months. We believe that a closed-loop system is the way into the future, and we’ll continue to minimize our environmental footprint.

Thank you, our customers, for choosing our compostable packaging! If you have any feedback about these pouches, we’d love to hear from you. You can send it through to us at

750g Protein Canister

Compost your packaging in 4 easy steps.

1. Decanter your powder into an airtight container.

Soon after receiving your powders, we recommend moving them into an airtight container (our Protein Canisters are perfect for this) for long term storage. Take note of the expiry date that is printed on the packaging and label it on the container.

2. Cut or tear the pouch and label into pieces.

The pouch, label, and zip are all compostable, so you can cut or tear the pouch into small pieces (which may help it biodegrade more quickly) if you like.

3. Scatter into your home compost, worm farm or green bin.

All you need to do now is scatter the pieces in your compost. If you have a worm farm, your worms will munch on it. Or if you have neither of those, you can bury it in your garden bed, or simply pop it in your green bin and it will begin to degrade over the next few weeks.

If you’re short of time or space and don’t have a green bin, you can organise a local drop off thanks to ShareWaste - a brilliant resource that allows you to donate green waste to others which feeds chickens, worms, and turns compost into new soil.

4. Be proud you've contributed zero waste!

Go you good thing.

Organic Raw Peruvian Maca

Organic Raw Peruvian Maca

  • CheckBoost energy & balance hormones Home-compostable packaging
Written By

Bare Blends