This warming spiced almond milk is perfect for warming up the chilly evenings and tastes just like Christmas! It can be enjoyed warm or cold.
- 1 Serving Bare Blends Organic Vanilla Bean NZ WPC
- 300mL Spiced Almond Milk (recipe below)(cool before using if you would like a cold smoothie)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tsp Maca powder
- 2 tbsp caramelised Buckinis
- Blend all ingredients
- Sprinkle cinnamon and buckinis on top.
- Enjoy now!
Organic Spiced Almond Milk
- 1 Cup Raw Almonds (Soaked for 24h, just covered in water)
- 4 Cups Water
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Cloves
- 2 Anise Stars
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated Nutmeg
- 6 pods Green Cardamom
- (optional for sweetness) 2 dates
- Drain the almonds, and put them in your blender with water, cinnamon, nutmeg and dates if using.
- Blend until smooth and creamy and strain (a cheesecloth will get the best results, but you can also use a fine mesh sieve)
- Add the almond milk, cloves, star anise and cardamon pods in a saucepan and lightly heat (do not allow to boil) for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool (or enjoy warm!)