I decided against choosing the obvious name for these icypoles, not only because I’m unsure of the legality behind doing so, but also because I feel like it always sets you up for false illusions of grandeur and deliciousness. A bit like calling a raw ball of flaxseeds an oreo. Sorry. I feel like it’s better to be pleasantly surprised rather than unpleasantly underwhelmed. These icypoles have a hit of protein from Bare Blends Cacao WPI, and are refined sugar and gluten free. A perfect summer treat you can enjoy in your bathers without looking down and despairing at what you see.
These icypoles have a hit of protein from Bare Blends Cacao WPI, and are refined sugar and gluten free. A perfect summer treat you can enjoy in your bathers without looking down and despairing at what you see.
INGREDIENTS – makes 8 icypoles
- 1 ¼ cup chopped and de-pipped cherries
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons Bare Blends Cacao WPI
- 4 tablespoons Bare Blends Organic Raw Cacao
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup, depending on your sweet tooth
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- Icypole sticks if your moulds don’t come with any (unusual)
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut milk, Bare Blends Cacao WPI, Cacao and sea salt. Stir thoroughly and then set aside for around 15 minutes, stirring every now and again to disperse little lumps of cacao.
- Take 1 cup of chopped cherries and pop them into a small saucepan with a dash of water and maple syrup. Cook them on a medium heat for about 10 minutes until they start to become jammy.
- Dividing the cherry mixture by 8, spoon even portions of cherry into the bottom of the icypole moulds.
- Stir the chocolate coconut mixture once again, making sure there are no leftover lumps. Add the coconut oil, sea salt, and maple syrup to the mix and combine. Add the remaining ¼ of cherries and the shredded coconut, and stir through a final time.
- Divide the chocolate mixture evenly between the moulds, ensuring that the cherries and coconut (which will sink to the bottom) do not all end up in the final icypole. That might be too much for one person to handle.
- For best results, leave overnight before taking out of the freezer!