What is Matcha you say? Matcha is a finely milled green tea powder, made from the highest quality green tea leaves. It is rich in nutrients, antioxidants, fiber and chlorophyll, and as you ingest the whole leaf, not just the brewed water, a 2g serving of matcha is the equivalent of 10-15 glasses of green tea in terms of nutritional value and antioxidant content. This is a perfect pre/post-workout shake - full of energy and nutrients for recovery, with a healthy dose of carbohydrates, protein, electrolytes and antioxidants.
- 1 organic Young Coconut
- 1 serving Bare Blends Vanilla Bean Native Whey protein isolate
- 1 frozen Mango cheek
- 1 Passionfruit
- 2g Matcha green tea powder (approx. 1 tsp)
- 50mL hot water
- Whisk hot water and matcha powder in a bowl until completely dissolved and foamy on top. Allow to cool slightly while preparing other ingredients.
- Open the coconut and pour the water into a blender, then scoop out the flesh with a spoon and add it (make sure you remove any woody fragments first).
- Add the fruit, Vanilla Bean Native WPI and the bowl of matcha tea to the blender.
- Blend until smooth, and serve in the coconut.
- Enjoy your delicious Matcha Mango smoothie