This recipe is inspired by Green Kitchen Stories, who are, to me, essentially the authority on healthy food. With the addition of Bare Berries and Bare Blends Vanilla WPI, this smoothie is perfect for a post workout protein hit, or even for lunch. Yes, lunch. And trust me, I don’t make/take that statement lightly. My stomach is apparently a bottomless pit, yet this smoothie kept me going all afternoon. I even got a gym session in there at the end! And lifting my 3kg weights isn’t easy…
INGREDIENTSFor the smoothie:
- 1 ripe banana, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup milk of your choice (I used rice milk)
- 3 tablespoons Vanilla WPI
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ½ cup raspberries (frozen are fine, I’m not made of money either)
- 1 teaspoon Bare Berries
- Gently heat the raspberries, either in the microwave or over a low heat on the stove. When they start to lose their shape a bit, mash them up with a fork and stir in the Bare Berries powder. Set aside to cool.
- In your blender, place all of the smoothie ingredients, and blend them up until they look like a smoothie should. (who would have thought?!)
- Place your berry mixture in the bottom of a large glass, and top with the smoothie. From here, you can either stir it up, or await the berry goodness lurking at the bottom of your glass as you progress through the smoothie. Both are equally delicious.