We know that ‘anti-aging’ and ‘skin-glowing’ are usually hype words targeted at women by the beauty industry. We all want glowing skin, but do any of these products actually work?
Luckily, there’s a natural way to get glowing and healthy skin that is also organic and free of chemicals.
Welcome to the stage, antioxidants!
For those who are unfamiliar with what antioxidants actually are, antioxidants are molecules that we ascertain through certain foods, which neutralise free radicals (which are reactive and damaging molecules) within the body.
Antioxidants are able to neutralise free radicals by using their own electrons to the free radicals and therefore prevent cellular damage. After neutralising a free radical, antioxidants become inactive, which means they need to be constantly re-supplied to our bodies through the right foods.
Antioxidants may help with the following:
- Prevention of disease
- Reverseing the effects of aging of the skin
- Increasing eye health and preventing deterioration of the lens
- Brain health - prevents the onset of Alzheimer's and Parkinsons’s disease
- Decreasing risk of coronary heart disease
- Prevention of certain cancers which are triggered by damaged cell DNA
Here are some of the most effective ways to increase your antioxidant intake.
Bare Berries was designed to be the most potent broad spectrum antioxidant powder available on the market, assisting with many body functions and offering broad spectrum protection - it is the most antioxidant-rich berry powder in the world.
Research shows that the powerful health benefits of berries work synergistically and are far more effective when a full spectrum of fruits and berries is consumed rather than single berries or isolated compounds.
Just a few of the amazing benefits Bare Berries may provide:
- Organic broad spectrum Antioxidant to help neutralise free radicals
- Promotes healthy skin, visions and cardiovascular function
- Protect against memory and cognitive loss
- Helps to assist with anti-inflammation
- Delicious berry taste
- Slow processes associated with aging
- Will help to support healthy digestion and boost Immune system function
- Promote healthy brain and nerve function
- Suitable for vegans
- Gluten free, soy free, lactose free and non-GMO
According to the Journal of Chromatography, matcha contains 137 times more antioxidants (including anti-cancer EGCC) than green tea.
Our Organic Japanese Matcha Green Tea is grown in Kyoto, Japan and is naturally high in health-promoting tea catechins, chlorophyll and amino acids.
As well as being full of antioxidants, matcha will help with cognitive function, boosting your immune system, and reducing stress.
Our Matcha Green Tea is available for purchase, so you can try this energising superfood for yourself.
Our Organic Raw Cacao has one of the highest antioxidant ratings measured and an array of biologically active flavanols, catechins and polyphenols.
So not only is it a delicious and decadent treat, but it will boost your mood, your energy levels, and help your body fight off illness. You can’t feel guilty when consuming this chocolatey goodness. The more cacao you consume, the better your health will be!
Other benefits of cacao?
- One of the richest sources of antioxidants known
- Boosts serotonin, endorphins, anandamide and phenylethylamine to promote positive outlook and facilitates rejuvenation
- High in the beauty mineral sulphur promoting strong nails, hair and beautiful skin
- Potent source of essential magnesium for healthy heart function, strong bones, relaxing muscles, and the digestive system
So not only do antioxidants restore your overall health, but they will help to fight the visible signs of aging in your skin, such as wrinkles, and revitalise dull-looking skin.
Much cheaper than a face lift!